|Admitted||1996 Supreme Court of South Australia
High Court of Australia
|Signed Bar Roll||2004|
|Academic Qualifications||BA, University of Adelaide
LLB (Hons) University of Adelaide
Areas of Practice
- Administrative & Constitutional Law
- Administrative Law
- Appellate Advocacy
- Appellate Advocacy
- Civil Litigation
- Common Law - General
- Defamation and Media Law
- Private International Law and Choice of Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Law - General
- Medical Negligence Law
- Taxation and Revenue Law
- Criminal Law
- Corporate Crime & Fraud
- Criminal Law - General
- Wills, Probate and Family Inheritance
- Wills, Probate and Family Inheritance matters
1995: Pupillage at Paper Buildings, Inner Temple, London
1996: Associate to Justice Cox, Supreme Court of SA
Squadron Leader, RAAF
Committee Member - John Bray Law Chapter of the University of Adelaide Alumni
Criminal Law Committee, Law Society of SA
- R v McGee (No2) (District ( SADC 10 and  SADC 8), CCA ((2008) 102 SASR 318 and (2008) 102 SASR 398) and High Court  HCATrans 81) 2006-present - conspiracy charges - abuse of process, stay, pre-trial publicity
- HML v The Queen (High Court - (2008) 235 CLR 334) Junior Counsel - evidence - similar facts, uncharged acts
- Harris Scarfe Ltd (Receivers and Managers Appointed) v PriceWaterhouse Coop ers (Supreme Court of SA) 2006-7 Junior counsel - auditors negligence - damages
- Landmark v Tiver (Supreme Court and Full Court ( SASC 133, 322,  SASC 14, 118, 185)) 2006 - present. Junior Counsel - repayment of loan - complex counter claim - negligent agronomic advice and breach of equitable duties alleged - numerous injunctions and order in respect of stock & crops - contempt proceedings
- Police v Visic (Magistrates Court) and the Lower Eyre Peninsula Bushfires Inquest (Coroner's Court) 2005-7 Lead counsel - successful defence of charges relating to the cause of the bushfires and representation in the Coronial Inquest
- R v McGee (Magistrates and District Court) 2004-5 Junior counsel in initial trial
- R v Haydon (Supreme Court of SA) 1999 - 2006 Junior counsel - the 'Snowtown' case - murder - assist offender - joinder - similar fact - separate trials - legal professional privilege in criminal law - forensic science - DNA - appeal against sentence to the Full Court
- Chief of Army's Board of Inquiry - Exercise Big Wall 2002-3 Junior counsel assisting the Board - administrative law - commissions and boards of inquiry - presentation of evidence by video link from USA to Canberra.
- R v Ngo & Le (Supreme Court of SA, Full Court (2002) 135 A Crim R 550) 2002 Counsel - joinder, severance - similar facts - latent duplicity - Crown appeal against sentence
- Haydon v Magistrates Court (Supreme Court of SA - Full Court (2001) 87 SASR 448) Junior counsel but argued the appeal - administrative law - judicial review - prerogative writs - informer privilege - legal professional privilege.
- Haydon v Chivell (Supreme Court of SA , Full Court  SASC 382, High Court of Australia (1999) 73 ALJR 1311) 1999 Junior counsel - judicial review - powers of the Coroner - prerogative writs.
Sumner v United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ors (Supreme Court of SA  SASC 91, Full Court, High Court) 2000 Lead counsel - international law - crimes against humanity - genocide - conflict of laws.
- ASX investigation - The RetireInvest case 1999 - 2000 securities law - stock exchange rules - disciplinary inquiry.
- Proceedings concerning the extradition of Malcolm Johnson (Federal Court - Full Court (20005) 8 ALD 1, High Court (UK), Court of Appeal (UK), House of Lords, European Court of Human Rights) 1998 - 2000 Junior counsel in Australian hearings - extradition - administrative law - specialty - corporate criminal law.
- Kite v Malycha (Supreme Court of SA) 1998 Junior counsel - medical negligence
- Veltri v QBE (Supreme Court of SA) 1995 Junior counsel - arson - insurance.